White Lake Limited Partnership, through a joint venture with All Pro Ltd., is building a team to deliver various road maintenance and related services at the Wesdome Mine near Wawa, Ontario, commencing in October, 2023. This is for a 3-5 year agreement.
We are now recruiting for reliable and experienced mechanics to join our roster for upcoming winter maintenance at the Wesdome mine site.
This is a year round position that will commence in early October 2023.
Successful candidates must be willing to stay on site in camp accommodations.
Reporting to the onsite Contract Supervisor, the mechanic will be responsible for the preventative maintenance and repair of all WLLP and All Pro Ltd vehicles and equipment.
This position is located at Wesdome minesite and drivers must remain at the mine site for the duration of their rotation (i.e. daily commuting cannot be accommodated). Camp accommodations and meals are provided.
- Reports to the Contract Supervisor
- Troubleshoot, adjust, overhaul, and maintain vehicles and equipment
- Check equipment and for proper performance and to detect faults
- Diagnose faults or malfunctions to determine extent and repair
- Make adjustments to equipment and repair or replace defective parts, and guards
- Routine and preventative maintenance
- Service equipment attachments and ensure in proper working order
- Maintain accurate documentation and complete required paperwork
- Constantly monitor equipment condition
- Care and maintenance of the interior and exterior of equipment
- Be able to take direction and communicate verbally
- Performs other related duties as required
- Pass a pre-employment drug test
- Clean drivers abstract and CVOR is required
- Previous related experience an asset
- Analytical and problem-solving skills
- Mechanical background knowledge particular to various engines, hydraulics, electrical and diesel systems
- Strong organization and time management skills
- Heavy duty mechanic certification and experience
Preference will be given to Band and Community Members of Netmizaaggmig Nishnaabeg First Nation.
Interested persons should submit a resume and cover letter, along with driver’s abstract and proof of DZ license. This position is posted until filled.
Please submit to:
Annette Currie, mining and recruitment manager