White Lake Limited Partnership, as represented by its general partner, White Lake Resources Corp., is looking for a highly motivated and detail-oriented individual to fill the temporary full time position of administrative assistant.
The White Lake Limited Partnership is owned by the Netmizaaggamig Nishnaabeg (Pic Mobert First Nation) and has been mandated to develop, implement and manage business opportunities for the benefit of the Pic Mobert First Nation and its members. The Partnership has a diverse range of business lines and capabilities which are expanding and diversifying, in part due to new mining and forestry developments, and employs and manages a total staff of approximately 55+ people. This position reports to the Director of Operations and is generally responsible filing and organization of the company. While it is essential the administrative assistant be able to work independently and proactively to carry out their core duties, mentoring and training will be provided.
- Carry out administrative duties such as filing, typing, copying binding, scanning ect
- Document control
- Minutes of Meetings
- Answering and directing phone calls
- Light cleaning
- Event planning and related bookings
- Inventory and ordering office supplies
- Auditing WLLP website and sending update information to administrator for posting
- Gathering invoices for approval and submission
- Booking appointments
- Maintain up to date contact lists
- Book travel arrangements
- Submit and reconcile credit card statements
- Provide general support to visitors
- Ensure operations of office equipment and book related preventive maintenance appointments
- General organization of the local WLLP office
Skills and Education
- Detail oriented
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Punctual and accountable
- Previous experience working as an administrative assistant is strongly preferred
- Ability to learn new skills
- Experience working in MS Office applications with focus on Excel and Outlook
- Ability to attend work Monday-Friday from 8:30am to 4:30pm
- Ability to pass a preemployment drug test and provide a clean criminal record check
Please note that this job as listed as temporary for 3 months, but has the possibility of extended to permanent.
Starting wage for this position will be between $17-$19 per hour and will be determined by related experience and skills.
Band members of Netmizaaggamig Nishnaabeg are strongly encouraged to apply.
Interested parties should send a resume and cover letter to Annette Currie with “Job Opportunity – Administrative Assistant” clearly marked in the subject line. This position is open until filled.
Annette Currie –email@example.com or in person at 13-10th Street Mobert, ON