The annual general meeting (AGM) for the White Lake Limited Partnership (WLLP) was held on October 3, 2022.
Representatives of the limited partner (Netmizaagamgig Nishnaabeg) and the general partner (White Lake Resources Corp. – WLRC), were in attendance. This included the Chief and members of the Council, the President and members of the board of directors of White Lake Resources Corp., and the WLLP CEO.
Audited financial statements for WLLP, WLRC, and the Pic Mobert Sawmill Corp., a wholly owned subsidiary of WLLP that holds its interests in the White River Forest Products Limited Partnership, were presented by Mr. David Covello, MNP, who are auditors for each of these entities. White Lake’s financial statements are incorporated into the financial statements of the Netmizaaggamig Nishnaabeg.
An annual report of activities and results was presented – highlights include:
- WLLP continues to grow annually in terms of gross sales and profitability, with sales for the year ending March 31, 2021 at $x, and $x for the year ending March 31, 2022
- Total employment at WLLP in its various operating lines is now 58 positions; in 20/21 we generated over $1 million in wages and benefits for our employees – this grew to over $2.5 million in 21/22
- White Lake LP provides labour and workforce services for 4 companies, including Barrick, Barminco, Silver Lake Resources and Ferrovial – further expansion to the workforce is planned for 2022
- White Lake LP also provides a number of direct services including waste management/hauling, janitorial services, trucking/hauling, health and safety, construction management services
- In addition, White Lake LP holds an equity interest in 4 other companies, including White River Forest Products, GMS Camps and Catering and Kama-ai
- White Lake LP also has approximately 12 joint ventures with capabilities ranging from industrial supply, to security services, to dust control management
- Future growth is planned in road construction and maintenance, snow removal, sewage pumping and related opportunities
- Planning has commenced for a new market housing development in Mobert that if it proceeds, would provide housing at market rents for employees of the First Nation and its related companies/entities
- White Lake LP is also working with the First Nation on planning for a future jointly owned/operated public works garage and compound
In addition to providing regular cash distributions to the First Nation, White Lake Limited Partnership is active in the community and an annual donator of cash and services to the Pow Wow Committee, the fishing derby, and other community activities and events.
White Lake Limited Partnership was formed in 2008 by the Chief and Council of the Netmizaaggamig Nishnaabeg, to serve as the First Nation’s principal business corporation. WLLP’s offices are located in Mobert, Ontario. White Lake Resources Corp. is the general partner corporation and is governed by a Board of Directors that are appointed by the Netmizaaggamig First Nation Chief and Council – the board is comprised entirely of Netmizaaggamig Nishnaabeg members, and includes numerous advisory/resource positions, including a Council liaison, a youth advisor and an Elder advisor. The current board is comprised of:
- Marlene Sabourin, President & Chairperson
- Alex Kwissiwa, Director
- Stanley Sabourin, Director
- Craig Cherneski, Director
- Jessica McWatch, Director
- Jeff Desmoulin, Council Liaison
- Anna Deschamps, Elder Advisor
- Bree Petten, Youth Advisor
Our management team consists of:
- Norman Jaehrling, CEO (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Lana Lawrence, Director of Operations (email@example.com)
- Annette Currie, Manager – Mining and Workforce Services (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Derek Sabourin, Health and Safety Coordinator (email@example.com)
- Operations Manager (Vacant) (firstname.lastname@example.org)