The White Lake Limited Partnership is the Pic Mobert First Nation’s principal business corporation, with diversified holdings in accommodations, camp operations, security services, construction, engineering and technical services, among others.
The White Lake Limited Partnership is managed by the Board of Directors of the White Lake Resources Corp., which is the general partner.
We are currently recruiting for the following position:
Director, Board of Directors
Interested persons should be:
- Interested in business or finance and have completed or be planning to pursue post-secondary studies in business or finance or a related feel
- Living a healthy lifestyle
- Able to attend an average of one board meeting each month, usually in Mobert
- Be available to review meeting materials and correspondence between board meetings
- Willing to learn and make a positive contribution to the work of the corporation
- Responsible with handling sometimes confidential and sensitive information
Under the Ontario Corporations Act, the following persons are disqualified/NOT eligible to be be a director of an Ontario company:
- A person who is less than 18 years of age;
- A person who has been found under the Substitute Decisions Act, 1992 (Ontario) or under the Mental Health Act (Ontario) to be incapable of managing property or who has been found to be incapable by a court of Canada or elsewhere;
- A person who is not an individual (e.g. a corporation); or
- A person who has the status of bankrupt.
Board members and advisory positions are paid travel expenses (if applicable) and an honorarium.
Interested persons should submit a letter explaining why they would like to be considered, along with a copy of a current resume, to the attention of the following person by Friday, August 30, 2019:
Marlene Sabourin, President
White Lake Resources Corp.
General Partner for the White Lake LP
Board members must be formally approved and appointed by the Chief and Council in their capacity of the limited partner.