Our Waste Management team is looking for a casual labourer.
Reporting to the Operations Manager, and ultimately the Director of Operations, the casual labourer will assist in general labour duties including the collection/disposal of waste and related support activities.
- Reports to the Operations Manager, and works closely with the Garbage Truck Operator
- Ride and walk along side of garbage truck for garbage pick up, monitoring electronic container pick up mechanisms to ensure it is loaded into the truck properly
- Basic care and maintenance of WLLP equipment, grounds and buildings
- Provide backup support on operating and driving garbage truck
- Other duties as required
- Ability to work cooperatively with a wide range of people
- Ability to follow instructions
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Ability to do physical labour and lifting
- Willingness to work in inclement weather
- Willingness to work in a safe and effective manner
- Ability to perform physical labour on a continuous basis
- Willingness to learn controls of waste management
- Pass a pre-employment drug test
- Valid class G license
This job is only open to Band and Community Members of Netmizaagmig Nishnaabeg at this time.
Interested parties should send resume to Lana Lawrence at firstname.lastname@example.org by October 6th 2022 at 4pm or stop by our office at 13-10th street.