Due to continued growth in the mining sector, White Lake Limited Partnership, is looking for highly motivated and competent individual to fill the full-time position of Contract Supervisor within the Barrick – Hemlo Operations located near Marathon, Ont
This position reports to the Mining Services Manager/Mining Liaison and has overall responsibility for the day to day management of a labour contract with a workforce of between 18-35 (we have two contracts).
Primary Functions and Key Responsibilities:
- Manage time cards, vacation requests, and all employee time off requests, and to communicate these requests with the Mining Services Manager and office personnel;
- Manage all employee related concerns through open communication with both staff and management, working together to find, document and report on resolution;
- Maintain regular commination with contract personnel and if concerns are raised follow up with appropriate company representatives and office contact person;
- To be available on site, as well as being a positive role model for the Pic Mobert community;
- Collaborate with Barrick representatives to achieve progress on the various elements of the approved participation programs;
- Ensure all contract personnel work in a manner and with the protective devices, measures and procedures required by the Occupational Health and Safety Act and the regulations and policies of the company;
- Ensure all training records are delivered to the WLLP Office, and sent into Ministry for registration and that all Contract Personnel have a training file maintained in the WLLP office;
- Manage human resources with reference to safety, competence, performance, absenteeism, grievances, overtime, training and development;
- Working with the Barrick company representative, ensure that quarterly information and safety meetings are scheduled;
- Participate in interviews and investigations and report accordingly to the WLLP office;
- Identify potential individuals from the contract personnel for consideration for training and development opportunities. Develop a database of the skills, education and employment experience for each of the Contract Personnel;
- Maintain effective communication with all Contract Personnel and Barrick Hemlo staff. Provide necessary details on expectations, support, feedback and relevant information associated with the contract;
- Encouraging and promoting good relations and liaising with the NN community, Contract Personnel and Company Representatives;
- Month End reports;
- Enforce compliance with all applicable environmental, health and safety acts, policies and procedures and ensure that all workers work in the manner and with the protective devices, measures and procedures required;
- Ensure all hazards and Environmental concerns are reported and investigated;
- Work to provide a safe and healthy work environment;
- Complete all accident investigation reports, inspections, 5-point audits, job observations, and tours;
- Schedule orientations;
Skills, Knowledge and Ability
- Previous supervisory and leadership experience;
- Knowledge of prior work experience in an industrial environment, optimally within the mining sector;
- Ability to act as a role model to the staff and community;
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written;
- Ability to work as, and lead in a team-based environment;
- Physically able to walk long distances on surface and work underground as needed;
- Driver’s license and vehicle to travel to and from the job site;
- Time management, and organizational skills;
- Grade 12 or equivalent.
Preference will be given to Band and community members of the Pic Mobert First Nation.
Interested persons should submit a resume along with cover letter explaining how your qualifications meet or exceed the needs of the position; please also provide three employment related references. Posting will be open until filled.
Please submit to:
Annette Currie Manager of Mining and Workforce Services
Applications must be clearly marked Contract Supervisor in the subject line of the email.