White Lake Limited Partnership is a wholly-owned entity of the Netmizaaggamig Nishnaabeg (Pic Mobert First Nation) and is the First Nation’s principal business development corporation.
Formed in 2009, the partnership is engaged in a variety of business lines and serves as a cornerstone of the Netmizaaggamig Nishnaabeg’s sovereign wealth strategy. It was developed for the economic and social benefit of the Netmizaaggamig Nishnaabeg and is responsible for the business activities and partnerships developed by the partnership.
WLLP is looking for a Pic Mobert First Nation candidate to perform the role of Jr Inspector through our joint venture with TBTE. The successful candidate for this position will be provided on the job training on TBTE’s current Pass Lake to Pearl four laning project 2023 and work on the Crocker Lake Culvert for the 2024 season. Training will focus on structural and environmental inspections, As well, TBTE H&S orientation, WHMIS and compaction testing training prior to start of the construction season will be provided. Working at Heights Training will be provided along with first aid training where the candidate does not hold these certificates.
Working under and reporting directly to the TBTE Contract Administrator and ultimately WLLP Construction Manager, the successful candidate will be a problem solver, who is flexible and open to learning new skills.
- Recording Data
- Be involved in providing field testing and inspection
- Material lifting and moving as well as working in various weather conditions Observe and report abnormalities
- Other tasks as needed
- Grade 12 or equivalent GED, Successful completion of a related post-secondary program OR experience in the testing or inspection of concrete, aggregate, soils or asphalt and/or road construction would be considered assets but are not required
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Advanced computer skills in Excel, Word and email
- Resolution focused
- Attention to detail
- Able to work independently and as part of a team
Please submit resume and cover letter no later than March 10th, 2023 by 4:00 pm to email@example.com.