Supercom Industries (GP) Corp. is the general partner for Supercom Industries LP, a partnership of Michipicoten First Nation, Pic Mobert First Nation (Netmizaagamig Nishnaabeg), Biigtigong Nishnaabeg (Pic River First Nation), Pays Plat First Nation, Red Rock Indian Band and Fort William First Nation. Supercom was formed by our First Nations to deliver employment, training and business opportunities related to the $700+ million East West Tie transmission development (“the Project”) that will commence construction later in 2019 across our collective traditional territories and reserve lands.
Supercom is currently seeking a President & Chief Executive Officer (CEO) to provide overall strategic leadership and management of the organization including oversight and support of a diverse team of approximately 20+ staff delivering programs and services in employment & training, business/contracting and environmental monitoring services, among others.
The President/CEO is results driven, accomplished business professional and leader who possesses a high level of broad business and management skills and is effective at generating outcomes and results for the organization. The President/CEO is the steward of the Supercom brand and understands his/her role in growing and protecting the reputation of the company and in particularly, positive relationships and communications with our partner communities and other stakeholders.
Working closely with the Board of Directors to deliver leadership and support to the company including:
- Lead the development and implementation of a strategic implementation plan to support the company’s mandate with respect to the Project in a manner that maximizes revenue and profitability within the social context and objectives of our partner communities.
- Develop and maintain consistent and regular reporting on company key performance indicators.
- Maintains accountability for the operational and fiscal integrity of the organization within policies set by the Board of Directors.
- Works closely with the Chief Financial Officer/Manager of Finance to plan and manage organizational spending, monitor budget compliance, provide timely financial reporting and mitigate financial risks.
- Plan, develop, and implement strategies for generating supplemental resources and/or revenues for the company.
- Oversee and support company operations and personnel to ensure production, efficiency, quality service, and cost-effective management of resources within a positive and safe working environment.
- Directly supervises senior leadership positions and establishes individual goals.
- Evaluate performance of staff for compliance with established policies and objectives of the company and contributions in attaining objectives.
- Develop and ensure thorough implementation and ongoing monitoring of company operational procedures, policies, and standards.
- Develop and deliver monthly board packages that include activity reports and financial statements to determine progress and status in attaining objectives and revise objectives and plans in accordance with current conditions.
- Build and maintain positive and productive relationships and communications with our partner communities and their citizens and other stakeholders.
Applicants must have the following Qualifications and Experience:
- Post-secondary education in business, management, public administration or finance/accounting and/or an equivalent of education and experience, optimally in a construction-related environment;
- At least 5 years of related senior management experience;
- Ability to multi-task and handle a variety of constantly changing demands and pressures while continuing to advance on the strategic direction of the organization and our communities;
- Excellent computer skills including working knowledge of accounting and MS Office programs;
- Superior communication skills, both written and oral;
- Effective and proven project and program planning and management capabilities;
- Effective and proven negotiation skills;
- Exceptional public relations and conflict management skills;
- Valid drivers license and access to a reliable, personal vehicle;
- Provide a current credit bureau report, CPIC and drug test, the results of which are satisfactory to the employer, in its sole discretion.
This is a full-time, contract position with an initial duration of 24-36 months that will be based in Thunder Bay, Ontario and will demand a very high level of commitment. We are seeking a highly motivated and capable individual whose aspirations and accomplishments demonstrate a passion and unfettered commitment to achieving excellence in the management and growth of profitable community-based enterprise.
Indigenous persons, especially qualified members of our partner First Nations are strongly encouraged to apply.
For the right candidate, we are offering a competitive compensation package including a competitive salary commensurate with your qualifications.
Further information on our organization can be found at www.supercomindustries.com.
Deadline for applications is 4:00 p.m., Friday March 1, 2019.
For further information, and to submit your application, please contact:
Marlene Sabourin, Chief Financial Officer
Supercom Industries Corp.
Tel: (807) 632-7797
Applications must include a current resume and a comprehensive cover letter which clearly explains how your qualifications meet the requirements of the position. In addition, at least 5 work-related references must be provided. Applications should be clearly marked: Competition/President & CEO. Incomplete or late applications will not be accepted.