Pic Mobert First Nation / Barrick Hemlo Contract
The successful candidates will be working as the Barrick Mine Site Shuttle Bus Operator, responsible for driving employees to and from their job sites. They will ensure all programs, personal actions, and approaches support Barrick’s goals for safety, and sustainability. Act as a safety champion, and constantly apply the principals, and spirit of Courageous Safety Leadership, and Courage to Care.
Under the direction of Barrick’s immediate Supervisors and the PMFN/Barrick Mine Contract Supervisor, the successful candidates will work as part of the Labour Services Agreement between PMFN and Barrick Hemlo.
We are looking for individuals who will commit to being part of a team and are commitment to good attendance and work habits.
- Ensure that you and your fellow workers work in the manner and with the protective devices, proper PPE, comply with the COVID protocols, measures, and procedures required by the Occupational Health and Safety Act and the Regulations set at the Barrick Mine Site.
- Ensure all hazards/incidents are reported in accordance with relevant procedures and appropriate remedial actions implemented in a timely manner.
- Transport employees to and from their job sites, sweep and clean all site MCC rooms, empty all recycling bins from all buildings, and other tasks as required by immediate site supervisor.
- Safety is #1, ensuring that you and your fellow worker go home safe after every shift.
- Grade 12 / GED equivalent, or proof of working towards obtaining either diploma.
- Pass a pre-employment drug test, physical demand analysis, and attend Barrick Site Orientation.
- Must be a team player, able to work in a team environment, and able to always communicate well with supervisors, co-workers, and all Mine Personal in a sensitive, tactful, diplomatic, and professional manner.
- Able to work well under pressure.
- Able to lift heavy objects up to 50 lbs.
- Valid Driver’s license.
- The successful candidate will be responsible for getting to and from work for all scheduled shifts.
- Or reliable, and confirmed transportation to each, and every scheduled shift.
What we can offer you:
- Opportunity to introduce, grow, and learn in the mining industry.
- Make a difference and a lasting impact.
- Work in a dynamic, collaborative, progressive, and high-performing team.
- Competitive Wage.
- Monthly Bonus.
- Monthly Travel Allowance.
- Company approved safety work apparel for the specific job. (excluding leather work boots).
This is a temporary position and will be 4 to 6 weeks, and the position is currently only open to the Pic Mobert FN Band members.
All are encouraged to apply, and if no Pic Mobert FN band member has applied by the set deadline, then the selection process will be open to the public.
Potential start date:
- June 08, 2021
- 10 hours shifts, Monday – Thursday, 6am – 4pm.
All interested personnel should email a resume to:
Mining Manager for WLLP, Annette Currie: email@example.com
cc. Contract Supervisor, Basil Sabourin: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please clearly mark: Resume – Shuttle Bus Driver in the subject line
Thank you for your application, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.