The White Lake Limited Partnership is a wholly-owned subsidiary of the Pic Mobert First Nation mandated to develop and operate business contracts and ventures for the benefit of the Pic Mobert First Nation and its members; our business is overseen by our general partner, White Lake Limited Partnership, who is governed by a board of directors appointed by our limited partner.
Reporting to and working closely with the CEO and the Finance Advisor, the Senior Finance Clerk works with the Finance Clerk to carry out the day to day accounting and other financial matters of the Partnership, including but not limited to:
- Provide all accounts payable and receivable duties, including generating invoices and ensuring that customer accounts are maintained current and customers are provided with timely information on invoicing in a form that meets their requirements and ensures timely payments;
- Ensure that weekly/monthly deadlines for both accounts payable and receivable are met to achieve finance goals;
- Review and record incoming invoices to ensure accuracy with authorizations and budget and prepare payment recommendations and payments for approval by the CEO;
- Manage the resolution of queries from debtors and creditors in a prompt and courteous manner;
- Prepare weekly and monthly payment runs, ensure these are accurate
- Assist with month end procedures, year-end requirements and annual audits;
- Monitor and report on the cash position of the organization, developing and maintaining rolling 90-day cash flow forecasts, and report regularly to the CEO and the Finance Advisor on activities, results and potential issues;
- Record payments as they are received and monitor and follow-up with customers to ensure timely payment;
- Ensuring that all financial documents (e.g. invoices) records and files are current and accurate;
- Preparing various financial reports as required by the CEO, the Board of Directors and other stakeholders;
- Providing direction and support to the Finance/Administration Clerk, who is responsible for payroll;
- Providing overall quality control on all routine financial transactions ensuring that all financial transactions and records are accurate;
- Undertake other duties as allocated by the CEO and/or the Finance Advisor;
- Participate in appropriate training and professional development.
White Lake utilizes Adagio as its accounting system.
Applicants must have several years of experience and familiarity/comfort in working in a finance office, ideally with related post-secondary education and experience in working with accounting software (optimally Adagio, however training will be provided), and should be:
- Analytical, organized and very detail oriented with a high commitment to accuracy;
- Able to work independently and as part of a larger staff team;
- Be able to communicate clearly and in writing;
- Have a working knowledge of MS office and email applications, and in particular the use of Excel;
This position may also provide services to our subsidiary companies in the near and longer term.
This position is based at our offices in the Pic Mobert First Nation.
Qualified Band and community members of the Pic Mobert First Nation are strongly encouraged to apply.
For further information, and to submit your application, please contact:
Norman Jaehrling, CEO
White Lake Resources Corp.
General Partner for the White Lake Limited Partnership
P.O. Box 717
Tel: (705) 971-4508 (cel)
Fax: (807) 822-2850
Your application must include a resume and a cover letter that explains how your interests and qualifications meet the requirements of the position. You should also include a copy of business proposal, research paper or funding proposal that you wrote.
Applications must be marked: Competition – Senior Finance Clerk
Deadline for applications: March 22, 2019 – 4:00 p.m.