White Lake Limited Partnership / Barrick Hemlo Contract
WLLP/Barrick Mine Contract is looking for a full-time Core Technician to assist the Geology team. Reporting to the Core Shack Coordinator, your primary duty will be to provide support in maintaining continuous operation of logging activities. You will work within our team of professional geologists and technicians in a fast-paced work environment.
We are looking for an individual who will commit to being part of a team and are commitment to good attendance and work habits.
- Proven commitment to workplace safety
- Operation and maintenance of an automated core saw
- Cutting and sampling of core ensuring proper QAQC
- Operating an R80 forklift to safely move pallets and crates
- Move core boxes using a pallet jack and loading/unloading of core benches by hand
- Organizing cutting room, core logging area, and core laydown area
- Shelving and stacking core boxes on pallets as directed, maintaining proper order
- Accurate record keeping and basic file management
- Maintaining facility inventory/ordering and resupplying as needed
- Preparing gold standard packages
- Check QAQC of samples for dispatch
Requirements / Qualifications:
- Pass a pre-employment drug test, physical demand analysis, and attend Barrick Site Orientation.
- Must be a team player, able to work in a team environment, and able to always communicate well with supervisors, co-workers, and all Mine Personnel in a sensitive, tactful, diplomatic, and professional manner.
- Self-motivated/ability to complete tasks with minimal supervision
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Able to physically meet the requirements for the position, including but not limited too: standing for long
- riods and repeatedly lifting 33kg (70lbs) multiple times daily
- Demonstrated good attendance and performance records with the ability to maintain these same standards
- Comfortable using personal computers with Windows operating system, good typing skills and general word processing skills is an asset
- Valid Driver’s license, and a vehicle is an asset.
What we can offer you:
- Opportunity to introduce, grow, and learn in the mining industry.
- Make a difference and a lasting impact.
- Work in a dynamic, collaborative, progressive, and high-performing team.
- Competitive Wage.
- Monthly Bonus.
- Transportation to the mine.
- Company approved safety work apparel for the specific job. (excluding leather work boots).
This position is currently only open to the Pic Mobert FN Band members.
All are encouraged to apply, and if no Pic Mobert FN band member has applied by the set deadline, then the selection process will be open to the public
- When there is a successful applicant
- 12 hours shifts, Thursday – Wednesday, 7on/7off rotation Day shift only, 6am – 6pm.
All interested personnel should email a resume to:
Mining Manager for WLLP, Annette Currie: firstname.lastname@example.org
cc. Contract Supervisor, Basil Sabourin: email@example.com
Please clearly mark: Resume – Core Technician in the subject line
Deadline to apply is Friday October 22, 2021, at 4pm. Late submissions will not be considered.
Thank you for your application, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.