GMS Camps & Catering is a First Nations-owned enterprise, co-owned by the development corporations of Pic River and Pic Mobert First Nations, which is in business of providing worker accommodation and related services.
GMS is looking for local hardworking candidates to deliver housekeeping and general cleaning services at a property in Marathon, Ontario. The complex (former Wayfare Motel & Peninsula Inn) is located on highway 17, just west of Marathon, ON. Anticipated start date is May 1, 2019.
The housekeeping staff ensures the overall cleanliness of the camp.
- Cleaning bedrooms, washrooms, showers and common area
- Cleaning floors by sweeping, mopping and vacuuming
- Dust furniture, walls, machines and equipment
- Change bed linens
- Gather and empty trash containers
- Clean and polish fixtures and furniture
- Monitor inventory of cleaning equipment
- Keeping all entrances and walkways clean and clear of snow and debris
- Report issues for follow-up by maintenance staff
- Prior experience with housekeeping, cleaning services
- Works well independently
- Honest, accountable and reliable
- Positive attitude and pride in your work
- Workers Health and Safety Awareness in 4 Steps Ontario Ministry of Labour*
- Reliable transportation to/from the workplace
- Supervisory experience (for supervisor position) *(Training will be provided if required)
- Housekeeping staff are required to perform a variety of physical duties, including:
- Lift, carry, push, or pull up to 50 lbs.
- Climb ladders or stairs
- Perform repetitive hand work requiring full use of both hands
- Work with arms above shoulder height
- Cleaning staff will start on a part-time schedule, with potential to gain full time hours as business progresses.
Staff may be required to work both weekday, and weekend shift
If you are interested in applying, please send cover letter and resume by email to the following:
Amy Christianson (Sales Manager – GMS Camps & Catering)
Please clearly mark “housekeeper competition” in the subject line of the email.
Deadline to apply: April 26, 2019 at 4pm.
Late applications will not be accepted.