White Lake Limited Partnership is seeking applications for the position of Business Development Intern.
The Business Development Intern will be responsible to support the business development activities of the Partnership. They will work closely with the management team to carry out various tasks including research, analyzing research, development of presentations and proposals. The intern will also be responsible for various sales and marketing support programs including maintenance of the Partnership’s website and social media sites, and raising awareness of activities and results with stakeholders through various means.
- Accountable and reliable
- Strong communication skills; verbal and written
- Networking and Relationship Building
- Planning and Organizing
- Strong Research and Analytical Skills
- Advanced Computer Skills with strong competencies in Word, Powerpoint, Excel
Post-secondary education in business, finance and/or economic development would be of significant value to applicants. This position is based in our office in Mobert, Ontario, and may require occasional travel within and outside of the surrounding area to participate in training and/or work-related.
This position reports to the Director of Operations, and ultimately the CEO
This opportunity is proudly supported by Northern Ontario Heritage Fund Corporation and is funded through the Indigenous Workforce Development Program. It is a requirement under this program that the selected candidate for this position self-identify as an Indigenous person.
Eligibility requirements of the program can be found here: https://nohfc.ca/en/pages/programs/people-talent-program/indigenous-workforce-development-stream
- Candidate for this position must identify as an indigenous person, including First Nation, Metis or Inuit.
- Candidate must be a new entrant into the workforce, are transitioning to a new career, or the unemployed or underemployed who are entering a new field.
- Candidate must have not previously participated in an NOHFC funded internship in the 2020 Mandate.
- Candidate must be 18 years of age or older.
- Candidate must be legally eligible to work in Canada.
- Once hired, the candidate must reside in the Northern Ontario community in which they are employed.
Applications from members of the Netmizaaggamig Nishnaabeg (Pic Mobert First Nation) are strongly encouraged.
About White Lake Limited Partnership
White Lake Limited Partnership (WLLP) is a wholly-owned, for-profit venture of the Netmizaaggamig Nishnaabeg (Pic Mobert First Nation), mandated to develop and deliver business opportunities for the benefit of our membership.
WLLP operates from our offices in Mobert, Ontario, and delivers a wide range of business lines directly and through various joint ventures. Our business capabilities range from general construction, labour services for the mining industry, waste management and hauling services, camps and catering services, security services, among others. Our various operations employ approximately 50 people and we are growing and diversifying.
How to Apply
Interested candidates who meet the NOHFC requirements, and feel they are a good fit for this position should send resume and cover letter to Lana Lawrence, Director of Operations: email@example.com
Please clearly mark “Competition: Business Development Intern” in the subject line.
The deadline to apply is Friday October 14th at 4pm. Late submissions will not be considered.