Outland is actively seeking an Assistant Camp Manager for the Harte Gold Camp in White River, Ontario. The Assistant Camp Manager reports to the Senior Camp Manager or District Manager, and works a rotational schedule of 14 days on, 14 days off. The camp is approximately 100 people now but has the potential to grow in the upcoming years.
- Assisting in the management of daily operations of remote camp including room bookings, food service, food ordering, and cleaning.
- All aspects of administration for room bookings, safety meetings, and reporting.
- Responsible for promoting company, client, and legislated Health and Safety requirements.
- Meet with client and provide quality customer service by addressing special requests and concerns in a prompt and effective manner.
- Supervising, training and managing staff performance issues.
- Conducting daily and weekly safety meetings.
- Data entry for payroll and weekly reports.
- Inspecting, evaluating and ensuring the camp cleanliness, food quality and presentation and controlling inventory to meet or exceed expectation.
- Troubleshooting minor maintenance problems if necessary.
- 5 years in hospitality industry
- 1 – 3 years in an administrative role.
- Experience managing camps, hotels, or restaurants considered an asset.
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills.
- Valid G class license with clean drivers’ abstract is an asset.
- Valid Advanced Food Safety certificate.
- Valid First Aid Certification.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (Office365, SharePoint, Excel, etc.)
- Must have an acceptable Criminal Records Check.
- Red Seal designation considered an asset.
- Education in Food and Beverage or Hospitality Management considered an asset.
- Lift, carry, push, or pull up to 50 lbs.
- Climb ladders or stairs.
- Stand, walk, squat, kneel or sit according to task for extended lengths of time.
- Perform repetitive hand work requiring full use of both hands.
- Work with arms above shoulder height.
Compensation & Benefits
- Employee group benefits package.
- Professional Development Planning.
- Wage is paid on a daily rate discussed during the interview phase.
Please send resume and cover letter to Lana Lawrence, General Manager WLLP via email: firstname.lastname@example.org or in person to Laury Turcott at the WLLP office. Resumes must be received before 4pm on Friday May 21st 2021. Late submissions will not be considered.
Please note, this position is only open to Pic Mobert band members at this time